Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hungry?

Look at those calories!!! 1881, 1900, 1210, and now 1223!!! OMG! I thought I'd be at 1999 everyday and have my stomach growling up a storm all evening. You know what...I'm not really hungry! My tummy growls a bit if I nap between meals and it's a long wait, but then I go make my next meal and I'm not even scarfing it down because I'm starving. I think my stomach is shrinking, lol. I had my lunch today then fell asleep later on before dinnertime and woke up hours past my usually dinnertime, and I was quite hungry, so I heated up my serving of dinner I had regulated for myself earlier and by the time I ate 1/2 of it and had some salad I was full enough that I gave my guy my last slice of pizza! (Each slice was about 2oz.) I used to eat the whole thing (about 14oz total) for just a lunch, and now I had it between 2 meals, and shared some! I'm feeling really good about that right now. It might not seem like anything to other people, but it was a huge NSV for me. I just can't get over how satisfied I've been under 2000 calories a day so far; not to mention half of them before barely over 1200 calories! I really hope I can keep this up. Even if I have 1999 a day I would be happy. Before I used to have probably...3000 or more a day, so, big change. I'm trying to concentrate on portion control, and not eating if I'm not hungry. So, hopefully I can get some success with the 2000/day plan! I didn't exercise again today though, but as long as my eating is on track, I don't want to push my luck, lol. My body get exhauted enough just walking around the house right now. The time will come when I will exercise regularly, but it's not right now, maybe next week, maybe 3 months, who knows, but I'm happy with what I'm doing so far. Once my body loses some of its mass it should be easier to get out walking again, maybe dancing, maybe strength training. Even at about 340 pounds I was walking an hour a day to try to lose weight before, so once the pain in my lower back subsides a bit, maybe in as little as 10-20 pounds, then I will try my best to do both food and exercise control. Ugh, I remember when I was walking an average of 70-80 minutes a day, was eating under 2000 calories a day and allowed myself NO junk food of any kind. It was too strict, lasted about 6 months, lost a few inches off my waist and hips, and 31 pounds total, but I couldn't sustain it. I want to do it right this time. Work up in baby steps. I'm trying not to make myself feel like I have to do it all or nothing. I can't wait for my back pain to go away!! I remember when I walked over 5 miles nonstop with my guy, just to say I could do it, and I did! I want to be able to get outside and move my body again. There's nothing I like more than taking my doggie, my tunes, and looking at the beautiful nature as I take a walk. Someday I will be there again. Oh, but a do have a little NSV already! Showering is easier already, my back only just starts to hurt before I get out, before I was in alot of pain, so much that I had to rest my back, about halfway into my shower. So, changes are coming, and I can't wait for more! Wow, that turned out longer than expected, lol! I should've renamed it 'Hungry? And Another Hour Worth Of Rambling" LOL!

~M

No comments: