Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Had A Great Day!

Well today went great! 1644 calories and I finally got in a wee bit of exercise! My guy and I went for a walk up to the grocery store to get some pork chops for dinners. The first half is uphill, eww, but it's gradual, but still, for me it felt like my lower back and my back lower left hip area were about to pop out of me. I want to walk without pain again! But I'm so glad I did it, I didn't get as far as I had originally planned, but I still went I good distance for my current weight. Normally I'm sore just walking to a different room in the house, and very sore just getting outside of the house. A couple good things on the walk though, I got further than I have in about 10 months before I had to stop and take a breather. Also, about half way into it I told my guy I couldn't walk uphill any longer and that I had to turn back, then about 1 minute later I started walking again - and it wasn't to go home! I know cardio is an important part to losing weight, but I don't want to push myself, my hip and back gets very painful, and too much pain isn't going to help me to do anything good for myself. Like I've said before, it should only take about 30, or so, pounds before my pain load starts easing off, and then I can try to be more active without hurting myself. I might try to use my exercise band at home, different form of exercise, but still calorie burning, and good for the muscles. That way I can strength train even if I can't do cardio, and strength training is important to helping your body have a better shape as you lose weight, and not just look like a (smaller) blob, lol. The exercise band gives alot of variety to the exercises you can do with it, so I shouldn't be at a loss for ideas. I have lots of bicep/tricep/shoulder/chest/back exercises in mind, and if on a strength training day I feel like I have enough energy then I could through in some ab exercises, too. I'm not too concerned with lower body strength training at the moment, I feel sorry for my legs for having to carry around 380 pounds as it is, no need to make them do more work than that right now, lol. So anyways, I'm full of future ideas, hehe, I'll never be at a loss for what to do next. As for what to do now...same thing I've been doing, calories under 2000, move my body whenever I can, and hope for the best! \m/

~M

No comments: