Saturday, November 22, 2008

A New Beginning

So this is the beginning of my weight loss journey. Yesterday, November 21st 2008, I made the decision to give it another try. I’ve decided to blog about it in hopes it will keep me on track, or at least give me something to look back on to see where I went wrong. (I don’t expect anyone but me to be interested enough to read this, but readers are welcome, but you’ve been warned, LOL!) My ultimate goal is that I’d like to lose 1/2 my weight, but I’d settle for anything at the moment, LOL. My weight has been flucuating 10-15lbs back and forth within a few days of each other, therefore I might not know real progress until I lose a good amount. The most I’ve lost, ever, was 31 pounds, about 2 years ago, and I was very strict and worked very hard even for just that amount. Then, at Christmas my guy and I went to visit my family for the holidays. For the first week I resisted all temptations then suddenly I went off track and never got back on…and I’m about 50 pounds heavier than I was at that time. This year I was holding at 350 pounds or so for months then one day I got on the scale and WHAMO! Somehow I was up about 20something pounds…I didn’t even notice. I measured myself too, and found I had a new biggest size to cry over. My waist had gone up about 2″. Not to mention everything else too. Well, here are my important numbers so I know where my starting point is.

Date: November 22nd 2008
Height: 5′4.5"
Highest Weight: 383+ pounds
Current Weight: 380.6 pounds
Lowest Weight: 325.5 pounds (after losing 31 pounds in 2006)

My Weight Goals: Well, I’m very OCD when it comes to numbers, but I like to calculate and recalculate, some people might think this would hinder me, but it actually helps. So, here’s my list, yes, list, of weight goals, and their signifigance.

350 - Under my old highest weight / Starting into the nicer side of the 300s
333 - 50lbs lost325 - Lowest adult weight in years
299 - Under 300283 - 100lbs lost
250 - Half way out of the 200s landmark
233 - 150lbs lost
199 - Under 200lbs
191.5 - Half my highest weight
183 - 200lbs lost

So there are my goals, from basic to my ultimate. Once I get some rest I will get my “official” starting weight for the week, as well as my starting measurements. Weight I will check once a week, inches once a month. I am going to try to count calories, trying for 2000 a day or so. My sleep is VERY irregulat so I will count calories in a 24hr chunk since I don’t have a regular schedule, sleeping or otherwise. I don’t work either, so I am making my health/weight loss my job, LOL. Exercise will be just as hard as portion control for me, I have bad lower back pain that makes it VERY sore for me to walk/stand for more than a couple minutes - literally, so I will try to do some strength training using a resistance band, and some in home walking/dancing, etc. Even 5 minutes I will be happy with for now! One step at a time, right? Well, that’s all for my intro post. I will post more with my starting weight/measurements.

~M

No comments: