Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Went Grocery Shopping

So, yes, I went grocery shopping. My guy and I picked up some of my staples, such as bread, soup, lean pork chops, a couple frozen dinners, zero calorie drinks, etc. Also, we bought some Cheetos and a few chococlate bars. Now before you spit your drinks out, lol, let me explain. When we got home I portioned all of it into ziploc baggies, perfectly weighed portions! So I can have them if I really feel like them, but just one serving. I even did this with the chocolate, I opened them, and cut them in half. Even though a full one is a serving I decided to make half portions for the chocolate! Each one is about 22-35g, or averaging about 1 ounce, and around 150 calories on average, or so. The Cheetos are in 50g servings, each being 290 calories. So those will be saved for days where I'm not nearing 2000, lol. I am standing firm in my slogan: REALISTIC MODERATION! Yes I can have chips, chocolate, ice cream, fast food, but it no longer defines my meals, it is no longer my staple, or my crutch, or my emotional support! I enjoy these foods now because I want the taste, not because I need them to make me feel better. As long as I know the difference, all is good. I have made such a fast turnaround in the past 2 weeks, it's amazing. It was like I woke up one day and said to myself "No, you don't need to overeat anymore, just eat when you are truely hungry." And then that's what happened. Not once have I been hungry and not been able to measure, calculate, and then enjoy my meals. I'm not going to lose weight eating dry salmon and celery because as soon as I want one cookie, one cheeseburger, one bowl of pasta, one hotdog, I'd be screwed. So "Realistic Moderation" is all about eating your "forever foods" just in smaller portions, and taking in fewer calories so that weight loss is possible. This is maintainable, and I really hope that I can do this.

~M

No comments: