Monday, December 22, 2008

NSVs

So I have some NSV's (Non-Scale Victories) to share! I was so bummed out with my last 2 weigh-ins (especially this weeks), not to mention my measurements....so, I decided to make a post listing anything positive my weigh loss has brought me, thus far.

NSVs
- I can now walk around stores without having back pain badly enough that I'd need to sit down.
(I visited 3 different stores, over 2 hours of standing/walking, and didn't have any noticeable back pain!)
- I feel more confident.
(Even though I may not look any different, just knowing I will is giving me confidence to feel good (or at least better, lol) about my body while in public.)
- I have been happier since starting my new life.
(It can get frustrating and stressful trying to improve your health/appearance/lifestyle, but I'm still happier, in general, than I was months ago.)
- I am starting to take more pride in my looks, and compliment my appearance.*
(My weight may be an issue with me, but I've recently started taking even more pride in my outer appearance, such as doing my hair instead of just putting on maekup. After I've taken that time for myself, and I see my final product, I feel good enough to say "Hey, Lookin' good!" most every time.)
- I am learning self-control with food.
(I don't just mindlessly eat now, I make informed and controlled decisions on what I eat.)

*Speaking of taking pride - and time! - with my looks; a couple days ago I put alot of time and effort into making my nails candycane striped for the season! They are beyond cute! They look perfect (to me at least, heh), I'm so excited about them, lol, maybe I will post a pic someday. :-D

Well, I had one more and I lost the thought, lol, 10 minutes later and I still can't remember it, so...lol, I'll save it for my next NSV post I guess. Until next time...!

~M

No comments: