Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yummy Dinner!

Yesterday was good, got really close to 2000, but didn't go over or anything. I've been feeling really good about counting calories, no problems so far. It can get annoying to have to pretty much plan your whole day in advance so you don't go over your limit though, but it's not a big deal. If anyone is reading this, here's a little dinner tip for you. Take your choice of lean meat, about 100-200 calories worth, you don't need alot for this, cook it up and cut it into little cubes. Cook up a serving or 2 of rice as well. Then take a can of mushroom soup, make it up as if you were having soup, but keep it creamier by adding only 1/2 a can of water, not a whole one. Then measure out 1/2-1 serving of shredded cheese. Here's what you do. Make a bed of rice on your plate, sprinkle it with your cut up meat, pour your mushroom "gravy" over that, then sprinkle some cheese on top and heat it up just enough so the cheese melts. It is the BEST dinner ever, lol. I have about 75 grams of meat, 2 servings of minute rice, and 1 serving of cheese, with the can of soup, but I serve myself 1/2 at a time. It makes me eat slower when I serve it in 2 parts for some reason. The way I make mine it is usually 800something calories, but for those on lower calorie budgets then do this: cook up your one serving of lean meat, around 3 ounces, 1 serving of minute rice, about 1/2 a cup or 45 grams dry, 1 can of mushroom soup, and a 1/2 serving of shredded cheese, about 15 grams. All these things can be cooked with NO added fat or calories!! Start your dinner with a hearty salad with low-cal dressing, like low-fat Italian (which is only around 5-10 calories per tablespoon!!), and you've got a dinner of around 515 calories total! And it's so creamy and yummy you'll feel very satisfied. I need a bit more food to feel satisfied so I go for my full servings, but it still within my calorie limit, it's about 850-875 for me, and I still have more than enough room for the rest of my food that day. So if anyone reads this, lol, then try it out! It's sooo good, it's been my dinner staple, lol. I should work out my average fat grams one day. I think I will later, heh. Well that's all for now folks. \m/

~M

No comments: